Nikon has introduced the discharge of the Nikkor Z 400mm F4.5 VR S, a comparatively compact super-telephoto prime lens for its Z-mount mirrorless digicam system.
The lens is constructed of 19 components in 13 teams, together with one Further-low Dispersion (ED) factor, two Tremendous ED components and one Quick-wavelength Refractive (SR) lens factor. The SR factor refracts blue gentle greater than inexperienced or pink, serving to to regulate longitudinal aberrations. Nikon can be utilizing its Nano Crystal Coating to cut back ghosting and flare in addition to a fluorine coating on the front-most factor to repel mud, grime and water.
The onboard optical picture stabilization is CIPA-rated for five.5 stops of compensation, or 6.0 stops when used with the ‘Synchro VR’ system on the Z9. Autofocus is pushed by a stepping motor. Nikon says the lens may even work with its focus-breathing compensation operate. The lens is climate sealed, with Nikon particularly calling it ‘dust- and drip-resistant.’
Different options embody a nine-blade rounded aperture diaphragm, a minimal focusing distance of two.5m (8.2ft), an aperture vary of F4.5 to F32 and a 95mm entrance filter thread. The lens measures 104mm (4.1”) in diameter by 235mm (9.3”) lengthy and weighs 1245g (2lb 12oz) with the tripod collar.
The Nikkor Z 400mm F4.5 VR S lens can be out there beginning in June for a advised worth of $3,295.
NIKON RELEASES THE NIKKOR Z 400MM F/4.5 VR S SUPER-TELEPHOTO PRIME LENS FOR THE NIKON Z MOUNT SYSTEM
Compact and Light-weight Tremendous Telephoto Lens with Superior Sharpness and Readability
MELVILLE, NY (June 29, 2022) – Right this moment, Nikon Inc. has introduced the discharge of the NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S, including one more lens to the rising NIKKOR Z line. This super-telephoto prime lens is appropriate with full-frame/FX-format Nikon Z mount mirrorless cameras, and presents each superior sharpness and readability with a compact measurement and light-weight design.
Handheld taking pictures is simple with the lightest1 weight in its class, roughly 2.55 lbs (1,160 g, excluding tripod collar), and a complete size of roughly 9.2 inches (234.5mm) offering superior agility and decreasing fatigue over prolonged taking pictures classes of wildlife, birds and sports activities pictures. This lens can be appropriate with the Z TELECONVERTER TC-1.4× and the Z TELECONVERTER TC-2.0×, increasing the power to carry distant topics even nearer2. As well as, the lens presents wonderful stability by shifting the middle of gravity nearer to the digicam for extra secure operation throughout handheld taking pictures.
The NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S belongs to the S-Line lens collection that pursues the last word in optical efficiency, and is constructed with one ED glass factor, two Tremendous ED glass components, and one SR lens factor. This contributes vastly to the compact measurement and light-weight weight whereas delivering superior optical efficiency during which chromatic aberration is suppressed. The adoption of Nano Crystal Coat additionally contributes to successfully scale back ghost and flare results, attaining clearer pictures and correct depiction of even the best particulars of distant topics.
With a most aperture of f/4.5, the NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S realizes three-dimensional rendering that makes the meant topic stand out. It is usually geared up with an optical vibration discount (VR) mechanism that gives a superior compensation impact equal to taking pictures at a shutter velocity 5.5 stops3 sooner, which is the best amongst NIKKOR Z lenses4, as well as, a stepping motor (STM) helps quick and exact AF management for sure seize of erratically transferring topics, resembling sports activities.
- Handheld taking pictures is simple with the lightest weight in its class of roughly 1,160 g (excluding the tripod collar) and a complete size of roughly 234.5 mm.
- Focal size may be prolonged to 560 mm with the Z TELECONVERTER TC-1.4× and 800 mm with the Z TELECONVERTER TC-2.0× (each launched in August 2020), whereas sustaining excellent decision.
- Employs an optical vibration discount (VR) operate with an impact equal to a shutter velocity 5.5 stops sooner, which is the best amongst NIKKOR Z lenses. When paired with the Nikon Z 9, optical VR may be mixed with in-camera VR for much more highly effective digicam shake compensation—equal to a shutter velocity 6.0 stops5 sooner with Synchro VR.
- Designed with consideration for video recording, together with a focus-breathing compensation operate which successfully reduces shifting of the angle of view when focusing, and secure publicity.
- The employment of an STM ensures high-speed and correct AF with quiet operational sounds.
- Superior dust- and drip-resistant efficiency6 and anti-fouling efficiency with the adoption of fluorine coat.
- Employs the Reminiscence Recall operate7 that immediately recollects focus positions which were saved upfront, by way of urgent an assigned button.
- Nikon’s unique Nano Crystal Coat is adopted to successfully scale back ghost and flare results.
- Chromatic aberration is considerably diminished by way of the adoption of 1 ED and two
- Tremendous ED glass components. As well as, the adoption of an SR lens factor controls short-wavelength gentle that’s tough to compensate, attaining extremely exact chromatic aberration compensation.
Pricing and Availability
The NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S lens can be out there beginning in July 2022 for a advised retail worth (SRP) $3,249.95*. For extra details about the most recent Nikon merchandise, together with different NIKKOR Z lenses and the whole assortment of Z collection cameras, please go to nikonusa.com.
1 Amongst f/4.5 and slower lenses, together with these with a focal size of 400 mm, for interchangeable-lens cameras geared up with a full-frame (35mm  equal) picture sensor out there as of June 29, 2022. Assertion based mostly on Nikon analysis.
2 AF efficiency might deteriorate relying on the topic, brightness and focus place whatever the digicam physique, inflicting inaccurate focus, sluggish focusing velocity or flashing of the main focus indicator.
3 Primarily based on CIPA Normal. This worth is achieved when connected to a digicam with full-body/Nikon FX-format sensor, with the digicam’s VR operate set to “NORMAL”.
4 As of June 29, 2022.
5 Primarily based on CIPA Normal. With the digicam’s VR operate set to “NORMAL”.
6. Thorough mud and drip resistance isn’t assured in all conditions or underneath all situations.
7 The cameras appropriate with this operate are the Z 9, Z 7II, Z 6II, and Z 30 solely on the timing of the product launch. When utilizing the operate, the firmware for cameras have to be up to date to the most recent model. For different fashions, this operate can be supported by way of later firmware updates.
*SRP (Urged Retail Value) listed solely as a suggestion. Precise costs are set by sellers and are topic to vary at any time.